The iwis calculation program for chain drives
IT intelligence in daily industrial use: iwis has developed special PC software to help you design or choose a chain suited to your purposes.
This program identifies suitable industrial drive chains:
- For power transmission between parallel shafts
- For handling static or pulsating loads
- For use as transport or conveyor chains
The key element of the program is calculating the drive power required to drive a chain. To do this, the type of application is analysed in detail:
- Output torque
- Chain loads for conveying tasks
- Friction on the tensioning and guide rails
- Bearing friction
In order to optimize chain life, you can therefore vary the operating conditions (e.g. lubrication and dynamics) or you can choose a different type of chain.
Please see our chain handbook for more information about the calculation program. This compendium can be downloaded from our website.